Monday, May 23, 2011

You can't fly, lady

I'm huge. Yes, I realize I'm carrying twins but the belly is massive and it gets a lot of attention. Bieber-style attention.

When you are pregnant, people have a filter malfunction that sometimes leads them to say really stupid things. When you are pregnant with twins, no matter the tact on the human being, that filter was checked at the Jerry Springer door.

The comments about my belly have been incredible, and there really are too many to list, so I will give you my favorite so far.

On my last business trip, at 23 weeks pregnant, the TSA screener at the Detroit Airport said, "Oh Sugar, they won't let you get on the plane that close to your due date. Pilots don't like delivering babies on planes." To which I responded, oh I'm not due for another three months and I'm pregnant with twins so I look bigger than your average preggo. Instead of "oh, wow, congrats" the sweet, sweet TSA lady looked at me in horror and said, " Jesus, Mary and Joseph, where's your belly going to go?"

I just smiled and said, "Everywhere, I guess."

1 comment:

Emm said...

Um...we need a picture please.