Thursday, January 25, 2007

Ice is Nice

As promised, some Ann Arbor photos.

Here are a few shots after the Ice Storm. Yes, Ice Storm, people. Actual ICE fell from the sky and I found myself in the 9th circle of hell. It turned our tree lined street into this Narnia looking avenue. Despite all my moaning, it was beautiful.

The house in the photo is the one we are renting.


And after the storm, we went to the movies...

My darling husband had a bit of an accident...he ran into a wall while we were at the movies. What you see in this picture is a rug burn. The wall was carpeted and he scuffed off the skin. It was one of those moments in your life that you have to choose laughter over sympathy. We laughed for days after this happened.

5 comments:

Todd Cohen said...

I won't even add gasoline to the fire.

I hope Squawking feels better soon.

Pete said...

It was quite the knock.

I swear I must have caught that wall at the angle that would precisely cause the most damage.

Two weeks later, I still feel some headaches in the spot in my cranium that got rattled the most. It is my believe that my left and right brains briefly became separated.

Todd Cohen said...

This may be the Jewish in me coming out...but I would sue.

At least try to get movie tickets for life.

(Unless you're heading to see Catch and Release....then you might never go see another movie again)

Schiv said...

"ran into a carpeted wall at the movies"...? That's what you're going with here on the rugburn explanation, Bigelows???

(I apparently have no problem adding gasoline to the fire.)

Ericka Bigelow said...

Ms. Schiv...whatever are you implying? I do declare!