Thursday, February 8, 2007

Gainfully Employed

I knew it was coming sooner or later...Although I was wishing for later rather than sooner.

I start the new gig on Monday and am pretty excited about it.

And if everyone can do me a big favor, please don't tell Pete who owns the Gardens. I know it wasn't written in the nuptials, but I'm sure in our "secret vows" (thank you laurie and chad) that we said "And I vow to never defame The Ohio State University."

So, goodbye Ellen and Oprah. Goodbye bizarre but delightful people in the coffee shop. Goodbye leisurely walks through TJ Max and Borders. Goodbye to reading a book a week, a magazine every few days and two different papers daily. Sigh.

Hello Alarm Clock.

5 comments:

Todd Cohen said...

Nice job with the employment.

And what better way to start your new employment than a little yoga!

http://www.lsa.umich.edu/mbg/happening/calendar.asp?date=2/12/2007#18

Ericka Bigelow said...

I send you a Bouquet from Heaven:
May each day unfold for you
Like roses,sparkling with dew,
That open to the morning sun,
And bloom until the day is done.
And may each passing moment bring
A song as pure as angels sing.
But may there be above all things
A peace that only God can bring
You are climbing Jacob's ladder
two steps at a time and I am proud of you! Love,Mom

Todd Cohen said...

Who the hell is Jacob?

And does Squawking know about this dude?

Ericka Bigelow said...

I have no idea how my mom posted under my name...interesting.

Todd, you met Jacob at the wedding. He was the one carrying the really big ladder.

Mom - thanks for the sweet words.

Todd Cohen said...

Didn't see Jacob. I was too consumed with wondering if the animals outside the Red Rocks chapel were going to try to bust through the glass and ruin the ceremony.

Thankfully, they did not.

Why doesn't my mom post such nice things?