Tuesday, January 2, 2007

And we're here...


We made it! It was a long, long road trip but broken up by some great stops. First, it was Omaha to meet our adorable new nephew, Nathan. He is precious. Absolutely precious. He is a good mixture of Rachel and Dan. He has completely stolen my heart.

Then we were off to Chicago/Batavia to visit the Yoch's. On our way out of Illinois, we hit the Crate and Barell outlet. Their furniture is 50-80% off. Are you kidding me?!? Pete has no idea what beast has woken inside of me. Time to decorate in a big, big way. I will wait until we purchase our place in a few months (hopefully) but we will be making our way back to Chicago very soon.

We arrived in Ann Arbor on Friday night. Our house was there, in tact, and quite nice. We have spent the last few days exploring our new town, and its surrounding cities. It's a great city and Michigan is a lot prettier than I thought. I'm looking forward to finding more outdoor activities, but that might have to wait until the spring.

Our movers arrived this morning and only one thing broke: the big TV. No biggie, as it was from the mid-90's and needed to be updated anyway.

Now it's on to the great job-hunt. Though I could really get used to my new lady-of-leisure status. Perhaps. Perhaps.

1 comment:

Todd Cohen said...

Enjoy yourself in Michigan....I'm glad you made it ok.

I must say....I almost had a heart attack when I saw you two cradling a kid. I was thinking, "EAB didn't LOOK pregnant in November."

Then again....my eyes are starting to go.

Much like my hair.