Thursday, June 9, 2011

Your reactions

I have loved the reactions from my friends when I tell them we are having twins.

It normally unfolds like this:
Me: "I'm pregnant,"
Friend: Oh that's so exciting, I'm so happy for you,
Me: I'm not done yet...we are having twins.
Friend: Face drops down to avert my eyes/laughter/hysterical NOOOOO's

But, my all time favorite reaction is from my friend Danielle. I emailed her the news and this was her response, "Wow! Did you ask them to go back and look for a nanny in there too? Because you are going to need it." I still laugh every time I think of this reaction.

I'm going to need my friends more than ever after these babies are born. To be patient with me when it takes months to respond to a call/text/email. To answer my call at 2 in the morning when I don't think I can be awake for one more minute (okay, I will email you not call) and to just send out the "those babies sleep great vibes" all the time. Thank you for already understanding, dear friends.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

You've got my support!

Sandra said...

You have my support, and my help as much as I can...but what I can give you right now is confirmation that you are a most amazing woman and I believe you will handle it remarkably with skill and great insight. These boys are in for a treat when they meet their sister!Love you bunches and am so very proud of you and excited too!Mom

MtngirlinCali said...

You're gonna do great! Remember what my mom says -- the twins are easier than the singleton! You'll be a multitasking freakshow and I'll look forward to hearing all about it when things calm down in a few years. :)

Devin Mathias said...

Whatever I can do from PA EB!